From 1950 producers of flanges and visual flow indicators
Umberto Ferrari machine shops were established in 1950 by Umberto Ferrari. Right from the start, the business specialized in providing equipment for the food industry, being one of the first companies to use stainless steel products upon realizing the potential growth of use of this material in the dairy, cheese-making, food and wine production industries. In order to diversify their operations and to make the business more flexible and competitive, in subsequent years they began to manufacture pipe fittings, which were increasingly required in the design of plant installations.
the sons of the founder, Giuliano and Fabrizio, took over the management of the company, concentrating the core business in the area of stainless steel fittings, flanges and indicators, with an emphasis on custom-manufacturing.
Since that time
the firm has become one of the leaders in its sector, concentrating on flexibility and quality of materials as its particular selling points. Nowadays, “Officine Meccaniche Cav. Ferrari Umberto” constitutes one of the few companies in the sector to include within it the complete processes of planning, industrial design and creation of projects.
Over the years
the development of technology and management techniques has allowed the company to improve its productivity and to increase its number of products, while not forgetting the special ethos of the business, which can be summed up as quality, flexibility, and reasonable prices.